The GMCA is proud to announce our 2016 miniMBA program!
This 10 lecture program will give graduate students and post-docs:
– A grounding in fundamental business concepts
– The opportunity to learn from business experts
– The chance to apply this new knowledge to solving business cases
The lectures will be presented by industry professionals with diverse backgrounds.
Course format: Each class will consist of a mini group case practice on a specific topic followed by a group presentation of the solution. There will then be a one hour lecture on the same topic. The course will cover concepts from the popular “Ten Day MBA” book, by Steven Silbiger. At the end of the course, students will participate in a case competition which will be judged by a panel of consultants.
**Please note, this is a very popular offering and our waiting lists are usually full. If you cannot attend ALL of the lectures please consider taking the class the next time that it is offered**
Dates: The program will run from February 2rd to March 4th from 6-8pm. Lectures will be held on Tuesday and Wednesday in week 1, and on Mondays and Wednesdays for the remainder of the program. The final class will be the case competition, followed by a networking reception. In total, there will be 10 classes.
Course book “Ten Day MBA” by Silbiger, ~$20 must also need to be purchased (soft/hard copy).
Registration deadline: Monday January 25th, 2016 at 11:59pm (EST). No late applications will be accepted.
How to apply: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your ONE page business resume and your answers to the following two questions in one document:
– Question 1: Describe a situation where you worked as a team. What was your role in the team, what challenge did you have to deal with and what was the outcome of the situation? (200 words)
– Question 2: Give examples of your experiences that will help you to succeed in the miniMBA program. (100 words)
Spaces are limited and successful applicants will be notified through email.
We look forward to seeing you in class!