Dear GMCA Member,
The GMCA 2017 miniMBA program registration is now open! This 10-lecture program will provide graduate students and post-docs:
- A grounding in fundamental business concepts
- The opportunity to learn from business experts
- The chance to apply this new knowledge to solving business cases
The lectures will be taught by industry professionals with diverse backgrounds. Each class will consist of one-hour lecture on a specific topic, a mini group case practice on the same topic, followed by a group presentation of the solution. The course will cover concepts from the popular “Ten Day MBA” book, by Steven Silbiger.
At the end of the course, students have the option to participate in a case competition, which will be judged by a panel of consultants.
**Please note, this is a very popular offering and our waiting lists are usually full. If you cannot attend ALL of the lectures please consider taking the class the next time that it is offered**
The program will run on U of T St. George campus from February 1 to February 23. Lectures will be held from 6-8pm on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. In total, there will be 10 classes.
There will be an optional case competition followed by a networking reception on Friday, March 3, 6-9pm. The miniMBA case competition details will be announced later.
*Free for IMS students
The course book “Ten Day MBA” by Silbiger, must also be purchased separately (soft/hard copy).
How to apply:
Please apply on our website by uploading your ONE page business resume in PDF file and answering the following two questions:
– Question 1: Describe a situation where you worked as a team. What was your role in the team, what challenge did you have to deal with and what was the outcome of the situation? (max. 200 words)
– Question 2: Give examples of your experiences that will help you succeed in the miniMBA program. (max. 100 words)
Registration deadline: Monday, January 23, 2017 at 11:59pm (EST)
No late applications will be accepted. Spaces are limited and successful applicants will be notified through email by Friday, January 27.
For questions, please contact us at email@example.com. We look forward to seeing you in class!
Graduate Management Consulting Association (GMCA)
University of Toronto