Bloom Burton is seeking post-graduate degree candidates in life sciences or medical sciences with upper quartile academic standing (PhD preferred) to fill a Contract Scientific Consultant position in Toronto for industry consulting and investment banking practice. Consulting will be working closely with the investment banking team.
- Duration of contract: Flexible part-time basis on- and off-site (10-20 hours/week) for a minimum 3-month term (term extension available)
- Starting time: On-going
- Application form: Here
- Application deadline: Applications will be considered on a rolling basis
About Burton Bloom & Co.
Bloom Burton Securities Inc. is an investment bank dedicated to accelerating monetization for both investors and companies alike in the healthcare sector. Bloom Burton has an experienced team of medical, scientific, pharmaceutical, legal and capital markets professionals that work with institutional investors looking to invest in the healthcare sector and with healthcare companies and organizations of all sizes and stages of development that are seeking advice or capital. Their range of services includes capital raising, M&A advisory, equity research, business strategy, and product development consulting, as well as biotechnology and healthcare company creation and incubation.
- Sourcing, review, and management of scientific, clinical, regulatory, commercial/sales, patent, financial and other data pertaining to the life science and healthcare industry
- Preparation of written summaries and information resources
- Preparation of initial drafts of client presentations for review by senior staff
- Communication and interaction with internal senior staff and outside industry groups such as senior management and key opinion leaders
- Post-graduate degree in life sciences or medical sciences with upper quartile academic standing, PhD preferred
- Familiarity with the commercial biotechnology/ pharmaceutical industry, work experience in healthcare, biotechnology, or pharmaceutical industry preferred
- Strong ability to approach new areas of science, learn key concepts, and synthesize ideas;
- Interest in the investment banking industry/capital markets
- Excellent communication (both written and oral) and presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Effective time management skills to facilitate the timely completion of projects
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work both independently and as part of cross-functional teams
- Strong work ethic and a willingness to work evenings and weekends as necessary
Only those under consideration will be contacted. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.