Are you interested in gaining experience in management consulting? Are you preparing for interviews and looking to stand out on your CV? Why not participate in a mini-case competition to get your feet wet?
The McGill Students’ GMCA is pleased to invite you to our inaugural Mini-Case Competition! Judged by previous GMCA members currently recruited or interviewed by top consulting firms, this mini-case competition offers students with a unique opportunity to work as management consultants – working in a team to solve business problems under the pressures of an impending deadline! Students can also learn more about the recruitment/interview process and practice their case-cracking skills in preparation for our week-long Case Competition in 2015!
The Mini-Case Competition will feature:
1) A 2-day business case competition for selected teams:
• Saturday, November 29th (PM): Case will be released
• Monday, December 1st (AM): Presentation deck submission deadline
• Monday, December 1st (Location: Thomson House): Mini-case competition is in session!
3:00pm – 4:00pm Preliminary round
4:00pm – 5:00pm Final round
5:00pm – 7:00pm Networking Cocktail
2) Information Session: Join us to find out more about Management Consulting, the McGill Students’ GMCA, and the Mini-Case Competition. This is a great opportunity to meet your peers and form your team for the competition. Please RSVP via e-mail by Sunday, Nov 16th, as spots are limited.
• Monday, November 17th, 6pm
• Thomson House, Basement Lounge
3) Excel Workshop hosted by Knight Pharma:
A consultant from Knight Pharma is hosting a fundraising event for Centraide Montreal that might be helpful to participants interested in learning MS Excel modeling. Please RSVP via email by Tuesday, Nov 18th, as spots are limited.
• Wednesday, November 19th, 6pm
• McIntyre Medical Building, Rm 208/9
You can choose to register as a participant or to join us as a general attendee for the final round presentations and networking session. General attendance registration will open Monday, November 24th. If you are interested in competing, please consult the application form and fill out the online registration form.
Team registration closes Friday, November 21st at 11:59pm (EST). Instructions regarding team formation are as follows:
• 3 persons per team
• Open to all students and post-docs from accredited Canadian Universities
• Maximum 1 current undergraduate student, MBA student, JD student, MD student, GMCA alumnus or working professional is allowed per team
• You can e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are looking for teammates. Please include a summary of your background and strengths in the e-mail, as well as a description of what skills you are looking for in your teammates.
The McGill Students’ Graduate Management Consulting Association