The Graduate Management Consulting Association (GMCA) is a network of students and post-doctoral fellows spread over 7 universities and 3 provinces. The association aims to educate interested members of graduate community about business concepts and help them transition into the world of management consulting. We hosts several events throughout the year such as information sessions, workshops (case-cracking and resume), mini-MBA lecture series, case-practice groups, and a case competition.
After a successful year, the UBC chapter of GMCA is seeking committed and enthusiastic graduate students or post-doctoral fellows to take on the roles described below for the academic year 2017/2018. The commitment would be around 3-5 hours per week on average, but will vary based on the time of the year.
If you are interested in running for an executive position, please submit the following to email@example.com by January 20th, 2017 in a PDF document. Successful applicants will assume their roles in February 2017.
1) Position(s) you would like to apply for.
2) Reason why you’re a good fit for the position (Max. 250 words)
3) Your 1-page resume
Please send your applications with the subject title: “Exec 2017-18”
We look forward to hearing from you.
The President shall:
• Serve as the lead representative of the GMCA and be responsible for the internal actions of the GMCA;
• Co-ordinate responsibilities among Executive Council members;
• Set the GMCA’s annual goals, including goals for each Executive Council member;
• Ensure the GMCA and Executive Council members have the opportunities and resources available to them to achieve their goals;
• Hold quarterly reviews of Executive Council members to ensure they are achieving personal goals;
• Call meetings and preside over the Executive Council;
• Cast final decision in the event of a tie amongst council member voting;
• Call and conduct the election of the next council (if not running for an additional term).
DIRECTOR OF EDUCATION
The Director of Education shall:
• Together with the Dr. of Business development, and prepare funding applications for the mini-MBA workshop series
• Lead planning and execution of the mini-MBA workshop series.
• Manage all aspects of training workshops including:
• Delegates event planning tasks to other GMCA Directors (promotion, fundraising, room booking, speaker recruitment, registration)
• Prepare teaching material and/or content for GMCA events aimed at acquiring fundamental business concepts and skills, or developing business acumen.
• Plan “career services events” such us resume workshops, interview clinics and case study groups
• Prepares feedback forms for workshops. Revise feedback and make improvements to workshops;
• Create and Manage the internal resource library of the GMCA (Google Drive)