Dear GMCA members,
We are excited to see the traction and interest in our pilot events with Business Analytics Bootcamp (B.A.B). 90% of the workshop slots were booked in only 4 days after the announcement. Please reserve your seat before it runs out.
- Python Programming & Analytics Zero to One: full; please check this course if you are interested, we will keep you on priority list for future pilot workshops
- Influence with Business Analytics: 4 out of 15 spots left
If you are curious about what Business Analytics is and career opportunity in Consulting, come join us at the open Info Session. See details below.
RSVP for Info Session and find an exclusive link to book workshops by signing up HERE.
Graduate Management Consulting Association (GMCA)
University of Toronto
Here is a quick re-cap of the event details:
We are excited to announce a new partnership with Business Analytics Bootcamp (B.A.B). Starting this summer, we will be working with B.A.B to offer exclusive info sessions and workshops to help you:
- Understand what Business Analytics is and how it impacts consulting and other industries
- Increase immediate career potential by acquiring in-demand skillsets through case-based workshops
Analytics has become an in-demand skillsets in many industries, especially management consulting. Many firms, such as BCG, McKinsey, Deloitte, have created new teams to bring Analytics into traditional engagements. In recent years, these firms started hiring and investing aggressively for hybrid talents, who are savvy in both business and technical analytics.
Here are some observations and examples:
- BCG Gamma, McKinsey Analytics, and Deloitte’s Strategic Analytics & Modelling are among the highest growing teams by headcount
- Active acquisition of analytics firms in recent years, such as McKinsey acquired QuantumBlack and BCG bought stakes in TSG Consulting
- About 70% of the most-read publications among top firms last year were Analytics related
- “You will be a formidable strategy consultant (or business professional) if you can understand both strategy and handle technical analytics … when we hire people today, we look for people who can code, not just in Excel, but databases and machine learning to enhance our strategy study.” – Michael Boricki, ex-BCG Partner
In collaboration with the Business Analytics Bootcamp, we are inviting you to the following events on U of T campus:
- Info Session on Business Analytics in Consulting + Networking: 6pm-8pm, June 29th, MSB2170 (Free to attend)
- What is Business Analytics?
- What was my journey into Consulting and Analytics?
- How should you prepare for career opportunities and challenges in Consulting created by Analytics?
- Python Programming & Analytics Zero to One: 9am-5pm, July 8th (Limited to 15 seats, $80 per student, 80% off normal price)
- Influence with Business Analytics: 9am-5pm, July 15th (Limited 15 seats, $80 per student, 80% off normal price)
- B.A.B Resume Clinic: July 3rd-July 7th (Limited to 20 spots, $40 per student, 50% off normal price)
If you are interested in attending, please RVSP HERE and to receive special code for the discount.
B.A.B was founded by Ian Xiao, who is a U of T alumnus. Ian led teams to deliver over 10 Business Analytics engagements at Deloitte. He has received offers from BCG and an Alibaba-backed analytics tech firm.
For more information about B.A.B and its workshops, please visit its website at www.bizanalyticsbootcamp.com.