- Come to a session on how to brainstorm, hypothesize, structure, analyze, and deliver a business case
- Participants will learn effective methods for tackling the challenge and present their recommendations
- Free event
2) November 20, 2015 17:00-19:00 Ground Floor: Thomson House: GMCA Networking
- Come to Thomson House ground floor and network with fellow GMCA members so that you can find teammates for the competition
- Free event (but you buy your own drinks at TH)
3) November 24, 2015 18:30-19:30 Room 105 (Board Room) 3600 University, Rutherford Physics Building: 1 Hour Case Cracking Challenge
- Get a head start in preparation by spending one hour working in groups on tackling a small business challenge
- This will be an excellent opportunity to get your brain pumped for the mini-case competition
- Free event
4) Mini-Case Competition
- Thursday November 26th 18:00: Case is released to teams
- Saturday November 28th 23:59: Slide deck submission deadline
- Sunday November 29th 14:00-17:00: Preliminary and final round presentations.
5) Networking event
- Sunday November 29th from 17:00 to 19:00
- Networking session will be free of charge
Please register to our different lead up events using https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1aQxQlgrEIpGHrFGw-WsK42mOMj31p4YXjFagpff1OHU/viewform?c=0&w=1.
For the mini case competition:
Team registration closes November 23rd at 20:00 EST. Instructions regarding team formation are as follows:
- 3 persons per team
- Open to all students and postdoctoral fellows from accredited Canadian universities
- Maximum 1 current undergraduate student, MBA student, JD student, MD student, GMCA alumnus, or working professional is allowed per team
- If you are looking for teammates. Please fill https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1NKLl04svpY0vGaAFw-Iz8HvlfeETCciGJKxxNBPa1sg/viewform?c=0&w=1 and include a summary of your background and strengths, as well as a description of what skills you are looking for in your teammates in comment section.
- Registration for the Mini case competition is $45 per team
If you would like to register for the competition, please fillhttps://docs.google.com/forms/d/1U2kArRXoTcvlgbrFlb1czSO1WdNxLTgX7QcF6Dts1ms/viewform?c=0&w=1 with your teammates. Payment request will be sent to you by email. You can choose to register as a participant or to join us as a general attendee for the final round presentations. General attendance registration will open Monday, November 23rd and will cost $20 per person.
On behalf of the McGill Students Chapter of the GMCA we would like to thank you for your time and attention and hope to see you at our competition.