We hope that you’re staying safe and doing well in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
To help you prepare for the next recruitment cycle and better understand how to approach cases, we’re pleased to announce our Cases & Coffee initiative! This initiative is designed to prepare graduate students and postdoctoral trainees, who are relatively new to business concepts, remotely prepare for the upcoming consulting recruitment season. These sessions involve informal, virtual group discussions of pre-determined business cases.
To help maintain the sustainability of this program, we must ask invited attendees to purchase their own case (for less than $10) prior to the discussion. Please note that we are still screening submissions on a first-come, first-serve basis. At least 5 days before the discussion, we will notify invited participants via email and provide them with the case details, link to purchase the case, and Zoom link. The discussion will be facilitated by an Executive of the GMCA Canada chapter. We ask that participants come prepared and ready to engage in a dynamic discussion.
Please note the following: 1. The goal of this initiative is to cultivate a forum to connect with like-minded peers while discussing a trending and relevant business case
2. Priority of participant enrolment is placed on current graduate students and postdoctoral trainees
3. During the discussion, you are not being assessed on your strategy recommendations; however, participation from all attendees is strongly encouraged
4. Participants are encouraged to take their own notes and present their unique ideas, as we will not record the session or have an answer sheet for these cases
5. This session will be facilitated by members of the GMCA Canada Executive Team. Please note that our responsibility involves sparking the discussion and ensuring that the attendees are mindful of the time
6. We will be screening applications on a first-come, first-serve basis. At least 5 days before the discussion, we will notify you via email if you 1) pass the screening and 2) we have capacity. At this time, you will be provided with the case details, link to purchase the case, and Zoom link